Thursday, October 29, 2009

Method 4 -- RSS Feeds




Just send it to me! Oh the junk mail that we get in our mailboxes and emailboxes, but how do we sift through what is good and what is bad? And how can I keep up with all of the news of the day, not to mention all of the Harry Potter and Twilight updates that I need to keep up with so that I talk to the teens that come in? If there was only a way....But wait there is, RSS Feeds!



Ok, that was kind of funny you have to admit, but seriously the RSS feeds feature on some websites is a great way to keep up with all of the items that you may find interesting. Instead of having to go to each website everyday, the items that you need to see are send directly to one webpage and you can scroll through it and weed out what you want or don't want to read. I personally had never tried this before, so when I did, I expected it to be more complicted than it is. After signing in to the GoogleReader, all I had to do was explore and see what news I needed to look at. I think it could be a little addicting to some people but really fun to see what we all deem really inportant news that we have to read everyday. I can tell you that it was very easy to do and now it is just remembering when I go to websites to look for the RSS button and send it to my reader. (Just a hint, I am already looking for a Harry Potter site and Twilight site to send to my reader.)

No comments:

Post a Comment