Monday, November 16, 2009

Method 12 -- Reflection and Evaluation


And ladies and gentlemen, we have reached the finish line....and the crowd goes wild, "AHHHH!"
I am glad that I had the opportunity to take this course and learn new things. I think that the most interesting thing that I learned from this course had to be the lessons about Flickr and Delicious. Even though I had used them in the past, I really got to learn how to use them connected to other outlets. This I believe will help me to be better organized and more creative. As always for me, learning is an everyday process. We learn something new everyday even when we are not trying. Today, I learned that Jingle Bells was originally written as a Thanksgiving song and not as a Christmas song. (Yes, some people will say that it is just useless Jeopardy knowledge, but it is knowledge just the same.)

From this course, we are going to start using more of the technology that we got to play/learn. We started today to investigate the possibility of having a Facebook page for the library and I have been talking to the director about adding the Zoho to the public Internet computers' favorites so that it will be an easy access point for the patrons.

I think the course was well put together and was well rounded in the information supplied. If I had to change anything, I think some of the articles presented were long. Maybe if a suitable, shorter, more condensed article that presented the same type of material could be found, then possibly that could be substituted. I think the inclusion of videos throughout the course was really great and helped when reading the material was new or hard to grasp.

If another program such as this is created and offered, I would definitely sign up and take it. Thank you so much again for the opportunity to take this course online and at my own pace. It is really nice to not feel rushed and have the ability to take your time and sometimes even help others to understand how to do the steps in the lessons.
And just a little bit of useless trivia for the ending...the very first music video played on MTV was Video Killed the Radio Star by the Buggles. (And yes, I stayed up the watch it!)


No comments:

Post a Comment