Monday, November 2, 2009

Method 6 --Youtube

We live in a world where we want to see things, know things and experience things NOW! Pictures are great, but do you know what is better? VIDEO! What a great way to be able to see and experience things vicariously from the comfort of our sofas. What a world we live in...
In reality, video sharing has both its pros and cons. A great big pro is having the ablity to instantly share videos with friends and family. It is a great way to introduce other people to yourself or your library. A negative thing about video sharing is video piracy on the internet. When is something actually yours to share and what makes it yours to share. We also have to look at privacy issues when we are filming in the library. Even if you accidently film someone, the minute you put that out on the internet for everyone to see, you have now violated someone's right to remain private.
With all of the advances in technology, we really need to do some research before we embark on the roller coaster of all that is Web 2.0. I have to admit that I love Youtube as much as the next person. I mean who does not love to see the sneezing panda or some scary music video from the 80's that I have not seen since MTV stopped playing music videos. It is a great way to see what new trailers are out there for new movies or to see what your friends in another state are doing for Halloween. The video I have chosen to place in my blog is the last trailer for Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. One of my little obsessions I guess...I love the books and the movies are not too bad. This movie comes to DVD December 8...just in time for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment