Thursday, May 5, 2011

Beyond Method (Step) #5 -- Tag! You're It!

I have used virual bookshelf on Facebook for about a year now.  I like it but you have to be signed into and be my "friend" to be able to see what I am reading.  It does not give me a real feel for discussion.  On Good Reads, I feel that it would give patrons a chance to discuss what they are reading and find something new to read through discussion.  I LOVE to talk about books.  It is something I really LOVE to do but I do not read some types of books that many of our patrons want to know about.  I think that having an outlet for patrons to be able to have a "book club" type forum would be great for those that have simillar taste in books.  I like the set up of Good Read and LibraryThing and I think that trying either one on the library's website would be a great idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment