Monday, May 16, 2011

Method (Step) #7 -- Next Gen Presentations

"Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its 5-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before. "
-- Captain James T Kirk


This method started up my alley!  I LOVE STAR TREK!  But I regress ... Having been giving adult workshops for the last 3 months, I have been using Google Docs to upload my presentations from my computer in the workroom to the laptop that I use during the actual after hours class.  For this method though, I tried SlideShare.  It was VERY simple to upload one of my own presentations (that I had to download from Google Docs since I am at home today...)  I think that having all of these different options at our hand makes our jobs a little bit easier.  BUT I learned the hard way that you MUST remember to SAVE your work and have a back up plan for when the Internet goes down to be able to have your presentation on hand to present.  I think that having to multitask like most of have to do everyday anything that will make life a little bit easier is a gift! The following is an embedded copy of the presentation that I uploaded to SlideShare. It is on downloading ebooks to your ereader from the library website. I used it originally in my ebook workshop but I have used it in the last few weeks during some informational adult tours of the library. eReaders have been the gifts of choice for the last several big holidays and everyone likes to know their options when it comes to having to either purchase or borrow books especially when they are by authors they have not tried. 

No comments:

Post a Comment